Barking dog? What can you do?
A barking dog in the neighbourhood can be a source of real frustration and a potential for dispute. It may be your neighbour is unaware of the problem.
Before taking any action, take a look at our Barking Solutions® pack which lays out a clear process to aid resolution of a barking dog problem.
This pack contains information to assist you and your neighbour to resolve a nuisance barking dog matter. This document is available to download as a PDF file. (A program such as Adobe Reader is required to view and print the document)
The following is contained in the information pack:
- Barking Diary – A diary for complainants which will help to log details of the dates and times of the nuisance barking.
- Information to dog owners – Details for owners who may have a barking dog. Steps to take and points to remember.
- Letter to Dog Owner – A letter that can be sent to the owner of a barking dog, highlighting them to the fact that their dog is causing a nuisance when barking.
- Letter to Council – A letter which can be completed and sent with the Barking Diary to request further help from the Council.
- Barking Prevention Tips – Handy facts and tips which may help to stop the barking.
Please consult your local trainer if you own a dog that is causing nuisance barking.
To request information or to book a lesson with your local trainer, please click here.
You can also get in touch with your local trainer by calling: 0800 167 710
“Wow, what can I say? Emailing Bark Busters in desperation last night, but not expecting to hear from them for weeks, but within the hour I had a reply to my email. Mark was up in Nelson on a family trip till Monday and felt our situation was urgent and booked us in for 12pm today. He started training us and Lucy the minute he got to the top of our stairs. Amazing trainer, speaks clearly and can easily understand what he is saying. Within less than 5 minutes he had Lucy subdued and obeying commands. NO treats involved, just voice commands. Highly, highly recommend. Lifetime guarantee with follows by phone, video or in person anytime. Very quiet happy house. Thank you Mark.”
“Beau responded well in his first session with Keiko! Still a long way to go, but being able to have some control over his barking towards strangers is already a big milestone for us! Thank you so much! Looking forward to the future sessions with Keiko :)”
“Keiko has literally saved us. Our little boy was a mega handful. Barked all day and night, never listened, jumped, pulled the lead, ate all day. You name it he did it… Best investment I’ve ever talked the hubby into… even he is super impressed. Can’t thank you enough.”